Notes: If making up to 1 week ahead, store airtight at room temperature.
Yield: Makes about 1/3 cup, enough for a 4- to 5- pound beef roast
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 5.5
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Protein: 0.2g
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 1.1g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 227mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 dried chipotle chilies (each about 2 in. long)
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt, such as sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- Heat chipotles in a microwave oven at full power (100%) until they puff and smell slightly toasted, 15 to 30 seconds. Trim and discard stems. Slit chilies open; discard seeds and veins. Coarsely chop chilies. In a food processor or spice grinder, combine chilies, black peppercorns, pink peppercorns, salt, and cumin seed. Whirl until finely ground.
- Nutritional analysis per teaspoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments