Delicious! I will add my legs marinated overnight since we had a sushi craving after I started marinating. The flavor wasn't strong at all. I wonder if you get much taste by marinating 10 minutes. The whole family thoroughly enjoyed this recipe.
Chipotle-Orange Chicken Legs
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 1 cup fresh orange juice, divided
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks (about 8 drumsticks)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Combine 1/4 cup orange juice, 3 Tbsp. soy sauce, 3 Tbsp. brown sugar, and next 5 ingredients in a shallow dish or large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add chicken. Cover or seal, and chill 10 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- 2. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 10 to 12 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from grill; cover with aluminum foil, and let stand 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, whisk together 2 tsp. brown sugar, remaining 3/4 cup orange juice, and 2 Tbsp. soy sauce in a small saucepan. Whisk together cornstarch and 2 tsp. water, and whisk into orange juice mixture. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. Brush sauce over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes