Because of the reviews, I decided to use panko crumbs and simply bake the chicken at 500 degrees using another recipe guideline I found on here (I searched for baked panko). I guesstimated on the sauce ingredients as I just had regular orange juice (used a little corn starch to thicken). My husband repeatedly told me how much he loved this (very unusual for him). I might add some green onions next time.
Chipotle-Orange Chicken Cutlets
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 419
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 43g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 239mg
- Calcium: 45mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce (about 1 chile)
- 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound each piece to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet.
- Melt butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat.
- Combine flour, cumin, and salt in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in orange juice concentrate; dredge in flour mixture. Reserve concentrate.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Heat pan for 2 minutes or until butter starts to brown. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Stir in reserved concentrate, 1/2 cup water, and chile. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes. (Thin sauce with 2 tablespoons water, if needed.)
- Combine rice and chopped cilantro. Serve with chicken. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes