Very tasty for something different. If your looking for a creamy dip, this one is not that, however it is very tasty.
Chipotle Mushroom and Goat Cheese Queso
Goat cheese and earthy mushrooms give this rich hot cheese dip a uniquely satisfying flavor. Spoon it hot into warm tortillas, or use it over nachos or as a dip for tortilla chips or veggies. Leftovers are excellent as a filling for omelets. Recipe serves 6 to 8 as an appetizer (makes about 3 1/2 cups). Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/3000.
- 2 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 1/2 pound(s) mixed mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) fine sea salt
- 6 ounce(s) goat cheese, crumbled
- 6 ounce(s) (about 1 3/4 cups) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sliced baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup(s) diced red onion
- 2 chipotles in adobo (from a can), seeded and minced
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms have released their liquid and are dry and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Spread mushrooms over the bottom of a small ovenproof casserole or gratin dish. In a large bowl, combine goat cheese, Jack cheese, spinach, onion and chipotles and toss until combined. Spread cheese mixture evenly over mushrooms and bake until bubbling, about 25 minutes. Serve hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note