A little too spicy for the kids. Wonderful mix of flavors. I left out the carrots in the sauce and it was still delicious!
Chipotle-Marinated Pork Chops with Chimichurri Sauce
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 311
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Fat: 19.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 27.6g
- Carbohydrate: 5.4g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 321mg
- Calcium: 42mg
- Pork chops:
- 3/4 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 drained canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 4 (6-ounce) center-cut pork chops (about 3/4 inch thick) chimichurri Sauce:
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup minced fresh onion
- Cooking spray
- To prepare pork chops, combine 3/4 cup chicken broth and chipotle chile in a blender; process until smooth. Combine chile mixture and pork chops in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours. Remove chops from bag; discard marinade.
- To prepare Chimichurri Sauce, combine parsley and next 7 ingredients (parsley through garlic) in a blender; process until smooth. Pour into a bowl; stir in carrot and onion. Set aside.
- Prepare grill.
- Place the chops on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with Chimichurri Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chipotle-Marinated Pork Chops with Chimichurri Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes