I am guessing the bad reviews of this recipe are from the misreading of the ingredients. It calls for 3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce...NOT 3 CANS OF CHIPOTLE PEPPERS...Just 3 peppers. So I give this 5 stars!! Great combination of sweet and spicy! I use these peppers on a regular basis and 2 is the norm for a touch of heat, 3 would be considered Medium heat.
Chipotle Maple Barbecue Sauce
Prepare this sauce up to two weeks ahead. Besides the rib recipe, it's great for chicken, roasted pork, and burgers. Cook: 30 minutes.
This recipe goes with Shay's Fall-off-the-Bone Baby Back Ribs
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, diced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider or unfiltered apple juice
- Juice of 2 lemons (about 6 tablespoons)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 to 35 minutes or until sauce is thickened and reduced by one-fourth. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This