This is quite delicious, but I don't know why you'd add sugar. It's plenty sweet from the potatoes themselves. I used Tabsco brand Chipotle hot sauce for convenience. Served with the wonderful Jamaican-spiced chicken thighs and steamed yellow squash with red bell peppers.
Chipotle-Lime Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Photo: Mary Britton Senseney/Wonderful Machine; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1/2 cup)
Cost per Serving: $1.08
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 193
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Sodium: 227mg
- 4 sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Pierce each potato with a fork 3 to 4 times on each side. Wrap each potato in a damp paper towel. Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes, turning after 4 minutes. Cool slightly. Cut potatoes in half; scoop pulp into a bowl. Mash pulp.
- 2. Stir brown sugar, milk, lime juice, chipotle chile, adobo sauce, and salt into potato pulp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables