This is quite delicious, but I don't know why you'd add sugar. It's plenty sweet from the potatoes themselves. I used Tabsco brand Chipotle hot sauce for convenience. Served with the wonderful Jamaican-spiced chicken thighs and steamed yellow squash with red bell peppers.
Chipotle-Lime Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Photo: Mary Britton Senseney/Wonderful Machine; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1/2 cup)
Cost per Serving: $1.08
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 193
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Sodium: 227mg
- 4 sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Pierce each potato with a fork 3 to 4 times on each side. Wrap each potato in a damp paper towel. Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes, turning after 4 minutes. Cool slightly. Cut potatoes in half; scoop pulp into a bowl. Mash pulp.
- 2. Stir brown sugar, milk, lime juice, chipotle chile, adobo sauce, and salt into potato pulp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note