Just finished making this and it is delicious!! Many different flavors pop in your mouth while eating :) Tastes fabulous right after making it, can't wait until I serve it later after the flavors have blended together more! I added a bit more of everything (except mayo) and added a little garlic salt and a dash of cumin. Perfect!
Chipotle-Lime Crab Crisps
Finalist--Starters and Drinks. "These appetizers combine sweet crab, Parmesan cheese, jicama, bell pepper, cilantro, and mayonnaise highlighted with fiery chipotles. A little crab goes a long way in these appetizers." -Bob Gadsby, Great Falls, MT
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 85
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 5.1g
- Carbohydrate: 9.1g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 211mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 48 baked tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3/4 pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled jicama
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and diced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Arrange tortilla chips in a single layer on 2 baking sheets.
- Combine mayonnaise, chile, and juice, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine crab and next 6 ingredients (through celery) in a medium bowl. Add mayonnaise mixture, stirring until well combined. Spoon about 1 tablespoon crab mixture onto each chip. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated; top the chips evenly with avocado.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note