Chipotle-Kissed Turkey and Rice Burgers
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 3/4 cup Mahatma® or Carolina® Whole Grain Brown Rice, cooked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 crusty buns, split and toasted
- 6 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- lettuce and tomato, if desired
- Heat oil in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper, and cook until onion is tender, about 4 minutes. Place in bowl, and mix in the garlic, chipotle, adobo, lemon juice, salt, pepper, turkey, rice, and eggs. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes so that the flavors blend.
Shape mixture into 6 patties. Heat grill, and grease the grate well. Cook burgers for 6 to 10 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
Place patties on bun bottoms. Mix together the mayonnaise, Dijon, and chili powder. Divide among the burgers. Add lettuce, tomato, and bun tops.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This