Chipotle Focaccia with Garlic-Onion Topping
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) Water (70 to 80 degrees)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 2-1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) Chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoon(s) Active dry yeast
- 6 clove(s) Garlic Peeled
- 7 tablespoon(s) Olive oil Divided
- 4 Large onions, cut into 1/4 in slices
- 2 tablespoon(s) Chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Salt
- In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select a dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 Tbsp of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down dough; cover and let rest 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place garlic in a small microwave- safe bowl. Drizzle with 1/4 tsp. olive oil. Microwave on high for 20-60 seconds or until softened. Mash the garlic.
- Roll the dough into a 12-in. x 10- in. Rectangle. Transfer unto a well greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warmlace until slightly risen, about 20 minutes.
- With fingertips, make several dimples over top of dough. Brush dough with 1 Tbsp. oil. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté, onions in remaining oil until tender. Add the chipotle peppers, salt, and mashed garlic; sauté 2-3 minutes longer. Sprinkle over dough.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cut into rectangles; serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaryannWimberly and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chipotle Focaccia with Garlic-Onion Topping Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pizza