Chipotle Fish Tacos
Amanda Jackson, 31, Red Oak, Texas
"I had fish tacos at a restaurant and thought, I could make these at home for less. I did, and they're great!"
More From Allyou
- Calories: 538
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Sodium: 608mg
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (about 1/4 head)
- 2 tablespoons prepared chipotle mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fine cornmeal
- 2 8-oz. tilapia fillets, sliced lengthwise into 8 1-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1. In a medium bowl, stir together cabbage and mayonnaise to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Place cornmeal in a shallow bowl. Season fish with salt and pepper and rub with seafood seasoning. Dredge both sides in cornmeal. Warm oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, place fish in a single layer in skillet. Cook, turning as necessary, until exterior is crisp and browned and center is translucent, 3 to 5 minutes total. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining fish, if necessary.
- 3. Divide coleslaw, fish and avocado among tortillas. Serve with lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note