- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned roasted red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons canned chipotle chilies in adobado sauce, seeds and veins removed
- 1 cup whipping cream
How to Make It
In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium heat, frequently stir onion, roasted pepper, garlic, butter, and cumin until onion is limp, 6 to 8 minutes.
Whirl mixture in a blender or food processor with broth and chipotles.
Scrape purée back into frying pan. Add cream and stir often over high heat until simmering, about 3 minutes.