It's good, I will probably make it again if I have leftover chilies in adobo sauce cause I usually end of throwing them out when I use them for other recipes. I did like that my husband, who thinks he hates zucchini, said he really liked the big, chunky onions:) I feel so validated.
Chipotle Corn and Two-Bean Chili
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 408
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 45.4g
- Fiber: 13.2g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- Iron: 5.4mg
- Sodium: 850mg
- Calcium: 180mg
- 1 pound ground round
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans no salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 6 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 6 tablespoons (about 1 1/2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook beef in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until lightly browned; stir to crumble. Drain well; set aside.
- Add canola oil to pan. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in corn and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beef, zucchini, water, chipotle chile, and beans; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Spoon 1 1/2 cups chili into each of 6 bowls. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream, 1 tablespoon green onions, and 1 tablespoon cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note