Loved it . . . followed the recipe and it was perfect, a keeper! Can't believe someone actually made changes to the recipe and then had the nerve to give one star because the flavors didn't blend . . . duh!
Photo: Leo Gong; Styling: Karen Shinto
This may look like your grandma's coleslaw, but it sure doesn't taste like it. We loved the flavor of this slaw piled atop pulled-pork sandwiches. Prep Time: about 30 minutes.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 215
- Calories from fat: 67%
- Protein: 3.7g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Sodium: 473mg
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses (not blackstrap)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 small canned chipotle chile, minced, plus 2 tsp. adobo sauce from the can
- About 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 6 cups each packed shredded green and red cabbage
- 7 green onions, green and pale green portions, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cup tightly packed chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Prepare the dressing: In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, molasses, sugar, minced chile, adobo sauce, and 1 tsp. salt.
- 2. In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, green onions, and 3/4 cup chopped cilantro. Pour dressing over vegetables, toss well, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours. Before serving, add more salt if you like and scatter remaining 1/4 cup chopped cilantro over the top.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This