- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses (not blackstrap)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 small canned chipotle chile, minced, plus 2 tsp. adobo sauce from the can
- About 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 6 cups each packed shredded green and red cabbage
- 7 green onions, green and pale green portions, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cup tightly packed chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- calories 215
- caloriesfromfat 67 %
- protein 3.7 g
- fat 16 g
- satfat 4 g
- carbohydrate 17 g
- fiber 4.7 g
- sodium 473 mg
- cholesterol 16 mg
How to Make It
Prepare the dressing: In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, molasses, sugar, minced chile, adobo sauce, and 1 tsp. salt.
In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, green onions, and 3/4 cup chopped cilantro. Pour dressing over vegetables, toss well, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours. Before serving, add more salt if you like and scatter remaining 1/4 cup chopped cilantro over the top.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.