This candy has an awesome flavor surprise--not for the fainthearted.
Yield: 1 1/4 lb.
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle pepper plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from can
- 2 cups natural almonds with skins, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup dark chocolate or semisweet chocolate morsels
- Melt butter in a 3-qt. heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Add granulated sugar and next 4 ingredients; cook until sugars dissolve, stirring constantly. Attach candy thermometer to pan. Increase heat to medium; add chopped chipotle pepper and sauce. Cook, stirring often, at a gentle boil 10 minutes. Add almonds, and continue boiling and stirring for 10 minutes or until thermometer registers 290°.
- Remove from heat. Carefully pour candy onto a buttered jelly-roll pan; spread candy to 1/4" thickness. Sprinkle with chocolate morsels. Let stand 2 minutes or until chocolate melts; spread chocolate using an offset spatula. Cool until chocolate hardens. Break toffee into pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This