Chipotle Chicken Tostadas
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup(s) canola oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 8 piece(s) 6 inch corn tortillas
- 1 whole(s) onion chopped
- 1 whole(s) green pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 dash(es) salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) adobo sauce from 1 7 oz can chiptle peppers
- 2 cup(s) shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 whole(s) tomoato chopped
- 1 dash(es) cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon(s) sour cream
- Place chicken in a single layer in a large pot, cover with water. Bring to a boil, cover , reduce heat and simmer until cooked about 7 minutes. Drain, transfer to a bowl, let cool slightly and shred.
- In a large deep skillet, heat one cup of oil until it registers 360 on a candy thermometer. Fry 1 tortilla until crisp, about 1 minute, turning halfway through. Remove to a plate and repeat.
- Warm remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper, season with salt and pepper and cook seven minutes. Stir in chicken and adobo suace; saute 2 minutes. Top tortillas with chicken mizture, lettuce and tomato, as wellas cheddar and sour cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RandyHood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes