Chipotle Chicken Tostadas
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup(s) canola oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 8 piece(s) 6 inch corn tortillas
- 1 whole(s) onion chopped
- 1 whole(s) green pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 dash(es) salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) adobo sauce from 1 7 oz can chiptle peppers
- 2 cup(s) shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 whole(s) tomoato chopped
- 1 dash(es) cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon(s) sour cream
- Place chicken in a single layer in a large pot, cover with water. Bring to a boil, cover , reduce heat and simmer until cooked about 7 minutes. Drain, transfer to a bowl, let cool slightly and shred.
- In a large deep skillet, heat one cup of oil until it registers 360 on a candy thermometer. Fry 1 tortilla until crisp, about 1 minute, turning halfway through. Remove to a plate and repeat.
- Warm remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper, season with salt and pepper and cook seven minutes. Stir in chicken and adobo suace; saute 2 minutes. Top tortillas with chicken mizture, lettuce and tomato, as wellas cheddar and sour cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RandyHood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note