This was really, really good! I wasn't sure how to roast chicken, so I just cooked a few breasts in a pan with salt and pepper. The dressing could stand to be thinned out, if you wanted to make a bigger salad and still have enough dressing to coat it; but it's not overpowering as it is. If you don't like surprise spicy bites, make sure you chop the chipotle pepper really small, or just take a bit of the sauce instead and mix it in the dressing. I'll definitely make this again!
Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad
Serve a zesty chicken taco salad drizzled with a chipotle chile, cumin, and cilantro dressing. The smokiness of the chipotle brings out the rich flavors of the roasted chicken breasts.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 1/2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 249
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 23.3g
- Carbohydrate: 25.1g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 650mg
- Calcium: 106mg
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 1/3 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 3/4-ounce) can no-salt-added whole-kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- To prepare dressing, combine first 7 ingredients, stirring well.
- To prepare salad, combine lettuce and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Tip: Add a spoonful of adobo sauce for a spicier salad. Kidney or pinto beans also taste great in this dish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note