I made this recipe for 2 but altered the recipe a little. From "Chipotle Grilled Chicken with Avocado Sandwich" I used the marinade and marinated 8 ounces of chicken tenders for about 1 hour before cooking. I used 120 calorie hamburger buns (toasted), spread the mayo mixture on each half, then layered with romaine, chicken, cheese, and avocado. Made for a nice weeknight dinner along with a salad of Heirloom tomatoes with homemade ranch dressing.
Chipotle Chicken Melt
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 476
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 15.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrate: 45.8g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 926mg
- Calcium: 225mg
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 4 (3-ounce) submarine or hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1/2-ounce) slices Havarti or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups packaged coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- Remove 1 chile from can; reserve remaining chiles and sauce for another use. Remove and discard chile stem and seeds; finely chop chile. Combine chile, mayonnaise, and water in a small bowl. Spread about 1 tablespoon chile mixture evenly over top half of rolls.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle each evenly with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 3 minutes per side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; top each with a slice of cheese. Arrange coleslaw mix over bottom half of rolls; top with chicken and remaining half. Serve immediately. Serving size: 1 sandwich.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches