- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1/4 cup cherry preserves
- 2 teaspoons chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- calories 419
- fat 8.2 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- monofat 3.9 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 40 g
- carbohydrate 44 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 109 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 486 mg
- calcium 38 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and coriander; sauté 1 minute. Stir in rice and 1/4 teaspoon salt; sauté 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in parsley and lemon juice.
Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side. Place chicken on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until done. Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add stock; cook 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, cherry preserves, and remaining ingredients; cook 3 minutes or until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Serve sauce with chicken and rice.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.