Very delicious and easy to prepare. The smokyness of or the adobo and the sharpness of the cheddar go together very well. We like it spicy at my house so I always add 1 extra chile and an extra 2 tbsp adobo.
Chipotle Chicken Cheesesteaks
This sandwich packs in gooey cheese, smoky spices, and chunks of chicken for a comforting family-friendly dinner.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 388
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 32.8g
- Carbohydrate: 35.2g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 605mg
- Calcium: 322mg
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces chicken cutlets, thinly sliced
- 1 cup vertically sliced onion
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 (2-ounce) submarine or hoagie rolls
- 1. Remove 1 chile and 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from can; mince chile. Set chile and sauce aside. Reserve remaining chiles and sauce for another use.
- 2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 4 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from pan. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and thyme; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in chile and adobo sauce; cook 30 seconds. Add chicken and salt; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Divide mixture evenly among rolls.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This