I used fat free cream cheese and doubled the chipotle for more heat. We made this into soup and it was fabulous - so rich and creamy it was hard to believe it was virtually fat free!
Chipotle Butternut Mash
We love frozen, already pureed butternut squash, but we don't recommend it for this recipe because it gives the mash a soupy consistency.
This recipe goes with Chipotle Butternut Soup
More From Southern Living
Cool: 15 Minutes
- 2 medium butternut squash (about 3 1/2 lb.)
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Cut each squash lengthwise into 4 pieces; remove and discard seeds. Bring squash and salted water to cover to a boil in a Dutch oven; cook 15 to 18 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain and let cool 15 minutes. Peel squash, and cut into large pieces.
- 2. Process squash, cream cheese, and next 3 ingredients in a food processor 30 seconds to 1 minute or until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Add cilantro, and pulse 5 to 6 times or until cilantro is chopped.
- 3. Transfer squash mixture to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring at 1-minute intervals.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables