- 2 medium butternut squash (about 3 1/2 lb.)
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh cilantro leaves
How to Make It
Cut each squash lengthwise into 4 pieces; remove and discard seeds. Bring squash and salted water to cover to a boil in a Dutch oven; cook 15 to 18 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain and let cool 15 minutes. Peel squash, and cut into large pieces.
Process squash, cream cheese, and next 3 ingredients in a food processor 30 seconds to 1 minute or until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Add cilantro, and pulse 5 to 6 times or until cilantro is chopped.
Transfer squash mixture to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring at 1-minute intervals.