Chipotle Bourbon Ribs
Community Recipe from
- Rib Marinade
- 1 quart(s) Apple cider
- 1 cup(s) Bourbon*
- 4 rack(s) Baby back ribs
- Spice Rub
- 1/4 cup(s) Salt
- 1/4 can(s) Dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) Paprika
- 2 tablespoon(s) Ground chipotle chile pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) Ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon(s) Ground cumin
- 2 cup(s) Wood chips: applewood, hickory or oak
- Mix together cider and bourbon. Pour 1 cup of mixture into a squeeze bottle and refridgerate until you are ready to cook ribs. Put ribs in a 2 gallon freezer weight zip-lock bag. Pour remaining cider mixture over ribs. Seal and chill overnight
- Combine remaining ingredients excluding wood chips.
- Remove ribs from bags and pat dry with a paper towel. Discard marinade and bags. Apply spice rub to ribs. Let rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Soak wood chips in cold water to cover for 1 hour.
- Heat grill to low (about 300 degrees)
- Put ribs in a metal rack or directly on the grate. Cover and cook until ribs are well browned, tender and shrunken back from the ends of the bones (about 90-120 minutes)
- Spray ribs with reserved marinade every 20 minutes to keep the meat moist. During the last 30 minutes brush once or twice with BBQ sauce if desired.
- Transfer ribs to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes before cutting into individual servings.
- Makes 4 large or eight medium servings.
- * non-alcoholic version: 1 cup apple cider plus 1/2 tsp vanilla
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dswartzel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note