Chipotle Bourbon Ribs
Community Recipe from
- Rib Marinade
- 1 quart(s) Apple cider
- 1 cup(s) Bourbon*
- 4 rack(s) Baby back ribs
- Spice Rub
- 1/4 cup(s) Salt
- 1/4 can(s) Dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) Paprika
- 2 tablespoon(s) Ground chipotle chile pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) Ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon(s) Ground cumin
- 2 cup(s) Wood chips: applewood, hickory or oak
- Mix together cider and bourbon. Pour 1 cup of mixture into a squeeze bottle and refridgerate until you are ready to cook ribs. Put ribs in a 2 gallon freezer weight zip-lock bag. Pour remaining cider mixture over ribs. Seal and chill overnight
- Combine remaining ingredients excluding wood chips.
- Remove ribs from bags and pat dry with a paper towel. Discard marinade and bags. Apply spice rub to ribs. Let rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Soak wood chips in cold water to cover for 1 hour.
- Heat grill to low (about 300 degrees)
- Put ribs in a metal rack or directly on the grate. Cover and cook until ribs are well browned, tender and shrunken back from the ends of the bones (about 90-120 minutes)
- Spray ribs with reserved marinade every 20 minutes to keep the meat moist. During the last 30 minutes brush once or twice with BBQ sauce if desired.
- Transfer ribs to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes before cutting into individual servings.
- Makes 4 large or eight medium servings.
- * non-alcoholic version: 1 cup apple cider plus 1/2 tsp vanilla
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dswartzel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes