Chipotle Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/2 cup(s) Good quality bourbon*
- 1/4 cup(s) Butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) Dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) Yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) molasses
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 tablespoon(s) Ground chipotle chile pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) Liquid smoke Optional
- 2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- If making a day ahead, cool, then refrigerate in a sealed container. When ready to brush on barbecued meat, warm sauce as cold sauce lowers the meat temperature slightly and slows down the cooking.
- * non-alcoholic version: 1/2 cup apple cider and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dswartzel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chipotle Bourbon Barbecue Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments