Super delicious, quick and easy. I put a little extra chipotle pepper in, and used the diced tomatoes with green chiles already in them to save an extra step. Will definitely make again!!!
Chipotle Black Beans And Rice
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup rice, 1 cup bean mixture, and 1 tablespoon sour cream)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 394
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 11.1g
- Carbohydrate: 70.1g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 4.9mg
- Sodium: 902mg
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fiber: 7.4g
- Calcium: 116mg
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1/2 of 1 chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook rice and turmeric in water according to rice package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes until tender.
- Add cumin and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in salt.
- Top rice with bean mixture, sour cream, and cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note