- 1 1/3 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1/2 of 1 chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- calories 394
- fat 7.1 g
- satfat 2.8 g
- protein 11.1 g
- carbohydrate 70.1 g
- cholesterol 16 mg
- iron 4.9 mg
- sodium 902 mg
- caloriesfromfat 16 %
- fiber 7.4 g
- calcium 116 mg
How to Make It
Cook rice and turmeric in water according to rice package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes until tender.
Add cumin and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in salt.
Top rice with bean mixture, sour cream, and cilantro.