Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
Our Food staff liked this sauce prepared with root beer, but you can substitute cola soft drink too.
More From Southern Living
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can tomato puree
- 1 1/2 cups root beer
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1. Stir together tomato puree and remaining ingredients in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until sauce thickens.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note