Made these for a family reunion and they were gone very quickly! Everyone loved them. I just threw all the ingredients in a crock pot for three hours and they were done. Super easy!
Start with a package of frozen meatballs and cook in the slow cooker with bottled barbecue sauce and cherry preserves for this easy, 5-ingredient appetizer.
More From Southern Living
- 1 (28-oz.) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 (18-oz.) jar cherry preserves
- 3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, undrained
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from can
- 1 (32-oz.) package frozen meatballs
- 1. Whisk together first 4 ingredients and 1 1/2 cups water in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 40 to 45 minutes. (Sauce will thicken.) Keep warm in a slow cooker on WARM or LOW, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Rosina Italian Style Meatballs.
- Chipotle-Barbecue Sausage Bites: Substitute 2 (16-oz.) packages cocktail-size smoked sausages for meatballs. Proceed with recipe as directed, decreasing water to 1/2 cup and simmering mixture 15 minutes. Makes 12 to 14 appetizer servings. Prep: 10 min., Cook: 20 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note