DH and I thought these were really good. Too much spice for DD. We dribbled a little A-1 sauce on the top of lightly grilled whole wheat buns. I served it with Confetti Pasta Salad, also from Cooking Light. It was like a cookout meal on a weeknight. :-) I will definitely make it again.
Chipotle Barbecue Burgers with Slaw
The cool sour cream dressing in the slaw balances the spiciness of chiles in the burger. Toast the buns while the patties cook. Serve with baked sweet potato chips.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 burger)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 358
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 32.1g
- Carbohydrate: 36.3g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Iron: 4.3mg
- Sodium: 609mg
- Calcium: 112mg
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns
- Combine first 6 ingredients. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook for 4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer registers 160°.
- Combine coleslaw and next 6 ingredients (through pepper) in a large bowl; toss well. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun; top each serving with 1/2 cup coleslaw mixture and top half of bun.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes