Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 9 clove(s) garlic peeled
- 3 chipolte chiles canned in adobo sauce
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided
- 1 1/4 pound(s) boneless pork shoulder(boston butt) trimmed
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth fat-free, low sodium
- 1.combine first 6 ingredients in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. peel and section lime over a bowl, catching juices; discard peel. add lime juice, lime sections, and 1 tbls. olive oil to food processor; process until smooth. scrape the chipolte mix into a zip-top plastic bag. add pork; seal,
- marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- 2. preheat oven to 325.
- 3. heat small dutch oven over med-high heat. add 1 tbl. oil to pan; swirl. remove pork from bag; reserve marinade. sprinkle pork with salt. add pork to pan; saute 8 minutes,browning on all sides. remove pork from pan. add broth and reserved marinade to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. return pork to pan; cover and bake at 325 for 2 1/2 hours or till fork tender. shred pork and toss with sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by gloriabray and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note