My kids could not stop saying how good this was and asked for seconds! Adults liked it too. I used right over 1 lb of chicken tenders and doubled the sauce. Serve the sauce over rice to soak it up.
Chinese-Style Glazed Chicken Breasts
Make a super-quick glaze for chicken breasts using on-hand pantry items: hoisin sauce, fruit spread and chicken broth. Steam quick-cooking rice and a green veggie in the microwave to round out the meal.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 186
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 26.7g
- Carbohydrate: 6.9g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 526mg
- Calcium: 17mg
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves or fruit spread
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and sauté for 3 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan. Reduce heat; carefully stir in broth mixture. Return chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes or until done, turning to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note