Sunset FEBRUARY 2000
1. Rinse peas, drain, and discard stem ends and strings.
2. In a small bowl, blend oyster sauce, cornstarch, vinegar, and broth.
3. Set a 14-inch wok or 12-inch frying pan over high heat. When pan is hot, add 3 tablespoons water and peas. Cover and stir often until peas are bright green and barely tender to bite, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain peas into a bowl.
4. Return wok to high heat. When pan is hot, add oil, ginger, garlic, and chilies; stir until chilies begin to brown, about 1 minute. Add shrimp and stir frequently until they are barely opaque in thickest part (cut to test), 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add broth mixture; stir until boiling. Mix in peas. Scoop rice into bowls and spoon the shrimp mixture equally onto each portion. Sprinkle with peanuts and salt to taste.
Go to full version of