More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 70
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Protein: 7.9g
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 1.5g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 117mg
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound large dry-packed scallops, side ligament removed*
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Cilantro leaves
- Heat oils in a large (not nonstick) frying pan over high heat. Add scallops and cook, turning once, until starting to brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Set each scallop on a spoon and drizzle with 1/4 tsp. soy sauce; then sprinkle with some green onion and sesame seeds. Top with a cilantro leaf.
- *Wet-packed scallops are preserved with chemicals, ooze liquid, and don't cook well. Dry-packed are available in most supermarkets. Before cooking scallops, peel off the tough little ligament on the side of the scallop that is often paler than the rest of the mollusk. It peels off easily (and in fact will often have disappeared before you buy it).
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers