Chinese-Restaurant Green Beans
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 12 ounce(s) green beans
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh garlic, minced
- 1. Combine the soy sauce, honey, and 1 T of water in a small dish and set near stove.
- 2. In a 10" saute pan, heat the butter with the olive oil over medium-high heat. When the butter is melted, add the green beans and 1/2 tsp salt and toss with tongs to coat well. Cook, turning the beans occasionally, until most are well browned, shrunken, and tender (the butter in the pan will have turned dark brown).
- 3. Reduce the heat to low, add the garlic, and cook, stirring constantly with a heatproof rubber spatula, until the garlic is softened and fragrant, 15 to 20 seconds. Carefully add the soy mixture (you'll need to scrape the honey into the pan). Cook, stirring, until the liquid reduces to a glazey consistency to coat the beans, 30 to 45 seconds. Let sit for a few minutes and serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by evsharer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chinese-Restaurant Green Beans Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables