Chinese Pork and Asparagus Soup
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 398
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Protein: 33g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sodium: 1404mg
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- 6 ounces dried chow mein noodles
- 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb.), fat trimmed
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain, then set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine broth, ginger, and soy sauce and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- 3. Thinly slice pork, then add to broth along with asparagus. Stir to separate meat slices and cook until pork is no longer pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in green onions and noodles. Serve with Sriracha.
- *Look for Sriracha, an Asian red chili sauce, in your market's Asian foods aisle.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes