- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups boiling water
- 8 dried Chinese mushrooms (such as wood ear mushrooms)
- 12 ounces dried flat wide wheat noodles (such as wide lo mein noodles)
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced peeled ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly vertically sliced
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 3 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- calories 267
- fat 7.5 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 3.7 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 20.3 g
- carbohydrate 29.2 g
- fiber 5.3 g
- cholesterol 40 mg
- iron 1.4 mg
- sodium 615 mg
- calcium 28 mg
How to Make It
To prepare pork, slice pork lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side. Open halves, laying pork flat. Place plastic wrap over pork; pound to an even thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Combine honey and next 6 ingredients (through white pepper) in a zip-top plastic bag; add pork. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
Preheat broiler to high.
Remove pork from bag, and discard marinade. Place pork on the rack of a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Place rack in pan. Pour 2 cups water in bottom of pan. Broil pork 4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer registers 145°. Let stand 30 minutes. Cut pork into thin julienne pieces.
To prepare noodles, combine 2 cups boiling water and mushrooms; cover and let stand 30 minutes. Drain in a colander over a bowl; reserve soaking liquid. Cut off and discard any tough, woody stems; thinly slice mushrooms.
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well; set aside.
Combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, oyster sauce, and 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce; set aside.
Heat a large wok over high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl. Add ginger, garlic, and jalapeño; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add sliced onion and pork; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add bean sprouts and green onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Add reserved mushroom liquid, noodles, and soy sauce mixture. Stir in mushrooms. Stir-fry until noodles are thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.