Chinese Noodle Soup
Celebrate Chinese New Year with bowls of Chinese Noodle Soup, Oriental Green Salad, teriyaki rice cakes, and fortune cookies.
Yield: 2 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 245
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 26.8g
- Carbohydrate: 23.1g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 385mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 2 1/4 cups canned low-sodium chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons julienne-sliced carrot
- 2 tablespoons sliced water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon peeled, minced gingerroot
- 1 ounce vermicelli, uncooked
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken breast (skinned before cooking and cooked without salt)
- 8 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- 1/2 cup fresh snow pea pods, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add carrot and next 3 ingredients; cook, uncovered, 2 minutes.
- Break vermicelli into pieces; add vermicelli and chicken to broth mixture. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Peel and devein shrimp; chop shrimp. Add shrimp and snow peas to broth mixture. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Stir in soy sauce.
- To serve, ladle soup into individual bowls, and sprinkle evenly with green onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note