- 2 1/4 cups canned low-sodium chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons julienne-sliced carrot
- 2 tablespoons sliced water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon peeled, minced gingerroot
- 1 ounce vermicelli, uncooked
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken breast (skinned before cooking and cooked without salt)
- 8 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- 1/2 cup fresh snow pea pods, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- calories 245
- caloriesfromfat 16 %
- fat 4.3 g
- satfat 0.6 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 26.8 g
- carbohydrate 23.1 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 98 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 385 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Bring chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add carrot and next 3 ingredients; cook, uncovered, 2 minutes.
Break vermicelli into pieces; add vermicelli and chicken to broth mixture. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Peel and devein shrimp; chop shrimp. Add shrimp and snow peas to broth mixture. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Stir in soy sauce.
To serve, ladle soup into individual bowls, and sprinkle evenly with green onions.