I loved this! I think it will be a regular as something I make to take to work for lunch. The garlic chile paste is my new favorite sauce, I've been putting it in everything. The tofu is easier to brown if you press the liquid out first. If you don't, you've got to wait until all the water cooks out before it will brown.
Chinese Noodle Salad with Sesame Dressing
Serve with Tangy Pickled Cucumber.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 351
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Protein: 14.8g
- Carbohydrate: 55.5g
- Fiber: 10.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 7.3mg
- Sodium: 489mg
- Calcium: 338mg
- 1 (8-ounce) package uncooked dried Chinese-style flat noodles
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 cup cubed firm water-packed tofu (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup drained, sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted and divided
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add peas during last 1 minute of cooking. Drain; rinse with cold water.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add peanut oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add tofu to pan; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently.
- 3. Combine noodle mixture, tofu, tomatoes, water chestnuts, and onions in a large bowl. Combine vinegar and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add vinegar mixture to noodle mixture, tossing gently to coat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds; toss to combine. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes