Chinese Chicken Salad - Alan Wong
Macadamia nuts and char siu boost the Hawaiian and Asian flavors in the Chinese chicken salad at Alan Wong's Amasia. Tender chicken pieces are tossed gently with crisp veggies and other ingredients. Wong adds macadamia nuts for extra crunch and char siu to boost the Asian flavors. Make the vinaigrette ahead so that the diverse flavors can come together into a complex dressing. Tossing dressing salad when ready to eat so ingredients remain crisp.
Yield: 4 servings ( Serving Size: 4 )
Community Recipe from
- 12 strip(s) Romaine Lettuce
- 11 ounce(s) Chicken Poached or Costco roast
- 1 piece(s) Medium Carrot Matchsticks
- 1 stalk(s) Celery Matchsticks
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 1/4 cup(s) Macadamia Nuts Coarsely chopped
- 2 stalk(s) Scallions Thinly sliced
- 8 ounce(s) Char Shu Matchsticks
- 4 Won ton Wrappers 1/4" slices, deep fried
- 2 teaspoon(s) Sesame Sees Lightly toasted
- Hoisin Soy Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine 1st nine ingredients
- 2. Pour some of the vinaigrette over the salad and toss well.
- 3. Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and sprinkle it with the sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
- Hoisin Soy Mustard Vinaigrette (makes about 1 Cup)
- 1/4 C Shoyu or any Japanese-style soy sauce
- 1 T Sugar (Turbinado Hawaiian Cane?)
- 4 T Mirin (a sweet Japanese rice wine available in many supermarkets)
- 3 T Rice Vinegar
- 3 T Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Hawaiian Chili Pepper water or other Tabasco-style hot sauce, to taste
- 4 T Lime Juice
- 1" Coin Fresh Ginger, skin on, smashed
- 1 T Coleman's Mustard Powder mixed with 2 tsp hot water
- 2 T Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients.
- Set the vinaigrette aside for an hour or so to allow the flavors to meld.
- Before dressing the salad, discard the ginger, then taste and adjust the seasonings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Latebloomer2443 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes