Chinese Chicken & Corn Soup
Adapted from reader's recipe contributed to Sunset 1990s
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 chicken breast, boned & skinned
- 2 tablespoon(s) rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) roasted sesame oil (3 1/2-tsp portions)
- 3 tablespoon(s) cornstarch (1-Tbs & 2-Tbs portions)
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh ginger thinly shredded
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth (approx 2 cans)
- 12 ounce(s) firm tofu, silken-style shelf-stable
- 1 1/2 cup(s) frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cube(s) green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Chinese five-spice mix
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) white pepper
- Cut chicken breast crosswise into 1/8" slices. Combine in small bowl with wine, 1/2 tsp oil, and 1 Tbs cornstarch.
- Cut tofu into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In 3-4 quart non-stick pan over high heat, cook garlic and ginger in 1/2 tsp oil for 10 seconds. Add chicken and stir until meat is no longer pink on surface, about 2 minutes. Add broth, cover pan and bring to a boil. Add tofu and corn to broth, and return mixture to a simmer.
- In small bowl, blend remaining 2 Tbs cornstarch and water until smooth. Add to soup and stir until mixture boils. Pour beaten egg into soup, stirring to form thin strands, about 30 seconds.
- Add remaining 1/2 tsp oil, green onion and seasonings to taste. Serve.
- In same small bowl, b
- NOTE: For variety, use combinations of mushrooms and frozen peas with the corn kernels.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ebelle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note