I thought was good, husband not fan of broccoli in general
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 23
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Protein: 1.4g
- Fat: 1.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 2.4g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 268mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds Chinese broccoli (gai lan) or regular broccoli (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 1. Rinse broccoli. Pull off and discard any yellow or damaged leaves; trim off and discard stem ends. If stalks have a tough, fibrous skin, peel it off. If stalks are thicker than 1/2 inch, cut lengthwise to that size. Cut stalks, including leaves and florets, into 2- to 3-inch lengths.
- 2. In a 5- to 6-quart covered pan over high heat, bring about 2 quarts water to a boil. Add broccoli and cook, uncovered, just until barely tender to bite, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain. Pour onto a platter.
- 3. In a small pitcher or bowl, mix soy sauce and sesame oil. Drizzle over broccoli.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables