Great recipe. I followed the directions exactly and this has a nice fresh flavor! The grapefruit seems a bit weird but was a great touch and is very refreshing.
Chinese BBQ Pork With Shiitake and Bok Choy
Make this healthy Asian-style barbecue by stir-frying pork tenderloin in a mixture of hoisin sauce and ginger and serving over rice with shiitake mushrooms bok choy, and grapefruit.
More From Health
- Calories: 371
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 308mg
- Calcium: 110mg
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 7 ounces shiitake mushrooms, quartered
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 3 tablespoons Chinese hoisin sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger, divided
- 3/4 pound bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup grapefruit segments, plus 2 tablespoons juice
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 1. Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; add 1 teaspoon oil and mushrooms; cook, stirring, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate; cover.
- 2. Add 1 tablespoon oil to wok, and cook pork 2 minutes, turning often. Stir in 2 tablespoons hoisin and 1 teaspoon ginger. Cook, turning, 2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to plate; cover.
- 3. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to wok. Cook bok choy with remaining 1 teaspoon ginger, stirring often, 2 minutes or until almost tender. Add 1/4 cup water, grapefruit juice, and remaining 1 tablespoon hoisin; cook 2 minutes or until tender. Turn off heat.
- 4. Divide rice into 4 bowls, and top with pork, mushrooms, bok choy, and grapefruit. Sprinkle with peanuts and chives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note