Great recipe. I followed the directions exactly and this has a nice fresh flavor! The grapefruit seems a bit weird but was a great touch and is very refreshing.
Chinese BBQ Pork With Shiitake and Bok Choy
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 371
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 308mg
- Calcium: 110mg
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 7 ounces shiitake mushrooms, quartered
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 3 tablespoons Chinese hoisin sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger, divided
- 3/4 pound bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup grapefruit segments, plus 2 tablespoons juice
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 1. Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; add 1 teaspoon oil and mushrooms; cook, stirring, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate; cover.
- 2. Add 1 tablespoon oil to wok, and cook pork 2 minutes, turning often. Stir in 2 tablespoons hoisin and 1 teaspoon ginger. Cook, turning, 2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to plate; cover.
- 3. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to wok. Cook bok choy with remaining 1 teaspoon ginger, stirring often, 2 minutes or until almost tender. Add 1/4 cup water, grapefruit juice, and remaining 1 tablespoon hoisin; cook 2 minutes or until tender. Turn off heat.
- 4. Divide rice into 4 bowls, and top with pork, mushrooms, bok choy, and grapefruit. Sprinkle with peanuts and chives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes