Chinese Almond Cookies
from Press Enterprise paper
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) lard or vegetable shortening
- cup(s) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 2 1/2 cup(s) cake flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) heaping baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) heaping baking powder
- 1/3 cup(s) slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup(s) sesame seeds
- Using an electric mixer or hand beaters, blend lard or shortening with sugar and 1 egg until smooth. add almond extract; set aside. In separate bowl, sift flour with soda and baking powder;. Gradually combine flour mixture with creamed mixture. Dough should be dry and may require hand kneading to mix in flour evenly.
- Divide dough into 24 balls, Arrange 12 on an ungreased 12 by 18 inch jelly roll baking pan. Flatten each ball slightly and make an indentation in the middle of each with thumb. Beat second egg; with pastry brush spread beaten egg evenly over top of each cookie. sprinkle each with almonds and sesame seeds. Repeat procedure with remaining 12 cookies. Bake in 300º oven for 20 to 25 minutes. let cool 30 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Linwaite and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chinese Almond Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies