Chimichurri Romaine Spoons
Photo: Leo Gong; Styling: Dan Becker
These fresh mini salads have the tangy, garlicky flavor of Argentine chimichurri sauce. Prep Time: 20 minutes.
Yield: Makes 8 to 12 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 92
- Calories from fat: 71%
- Protein: 4.2g
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 2.2g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sodium: 215mg
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 fresh jalapeño chile, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 ounces queso fresco (fresh Mexican cheese) or mild feta, crumbled
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, separated into leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, jalapeño, oregano, parsley, and salt. Add cheese and stir to combine thoroughly.
- 2. Spoon cheese mixture onto the core ends of the romaine leaves, dividing evenly. Serve immediately.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers