- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 fresh jalapeño chile, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 ounces queso fresco (fresh Mexican cheese) or mild feta, crumbled
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, separated into leaves
- calories 92
- caloriesfromfat 71 %
- protein 4.2 g
- fat 7.2 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- carbohydrate 2.2 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- sodium 215 mg
- cholesterol 12 mg
How to Make It
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, jalapeño, oregano, parsley, and salt. Add cheese and stir to combine thoroughly.
Spoon cheese mixture onto the core ends of the romaine leaves, dividing evenly. Serve immediately.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.