More From Southern Living
Grill: 24 Minutes
- 2 cups packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves (about 2 bunches)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 3/4 teaspoons MORTON Salt, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 4 cups thinly sliced sweet onion (about 2)
- 2 tablespoons CRISCO Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds U.S. BEEF Boneless Chuck-Eye Steaks (3/4- to 1-inch thick)
- 6 SARA LEE Center-Split Deli Rolls
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced provolone cheese
- REYNOLDS WRAP Heavy Duty Foil
- Pulse parsley and garlic in a blender or food processor just until finely chopped. (Do not puree.) Remove to a medium bowl, and stir in lemon juice, olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Cook onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt in hot vegetable oil over medium-high heat, stirring often, 15 minutes or until onions are golden brown and tender.
- Sprinkle steaks evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 7 to 10 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness.
- Cut rolls in half lengthwise, and grill cut sides of rolls during the last few minutes of cooking steaks. Remove steaks and rolls.
- Cut steaks into thin slices. Spread parsley mixture evenly on cut sides of bread; place steak slices and onion evenly on bottom bread halves, and top each evenly with cheese and remaining bread halves. Wrap each sandwich in foil. Grill, covered with grill lid, 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This