Chilli con Carne
This makes a wholesome chilli dish. It is useful to have jars of very lazy garlic and very lazy chilli in your fridge just in case you haven't got fresh garlic or chillis. The amount of chilli added will vary depending on taste, so keep tasting and adding until you get the desired amount for your palate. The really great ingredient that makes this a special chilli is the fresh coriander (available from most supermarkets. Dried coriander just doesn't give the right flavour.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves (or teaspoon of very lazy garlic from the jar)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 275g mushrooms
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 2 400 g tins of chopped tomato
- 2 fresh chillis (or 1 teaspoon of very lazy chillis from jar)
- 2 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 1 400 g tin of kidney beans
- 1 pack of tortilla or delicatessen wraps
- 1 medium tub of greek yoghurt
- 1 large handful of chopped fresh coriander or dried coriander
- 1 275g steak mince
- tomato puree or paste
- 1. Heat the oil in a large pan and add chopped onion and garlic to it, after a few mins, add mince to pan and brown.
- 2. Add mushrooms which have been roughly chopped to mixture in pan and cook for a few mins.
- 3. Then add 1 chopped green pepper and 2 cans of chopped tomato plus a generous dollop (about 2 tablespoons) of tomato paste
- 4. Open 400g tin of kidney beans and rinse beans under cold running water before adding to pan. Mix in gently with a wooden spoon to avoid beans breaking up.
- 5. Add chilli and salt and pepper and keep tasting at this stage until you have desired flavour.
- 6. If mixture is too thick, add water until desired constituency.
- 7. Leave to simmer with the occasional stir for 10-20 mins, and towards end of cooking time. Chop or snip with scissors, a lanrge handful of fresh coriander.
- 6. When chilli is made, heat a dry frying pan and spin wraps round on it on both sides until warmed through.
- 7. Serve on wraps with greek yoghurt for topping.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Phyl123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chilli con Carne Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes