Very tasty. Perfect for a light mid-day snack or appetizer. Will make again. Great summer dish.
Chilled Zucchini Soup with Fresh Vegetable Salsa
Cool off on hot summer days with a chilled soup made from coarsely chopped zucchini. This recipe gets a kick from purple and green onions and tang from creamy sour cream and buttermilk. Blended together, you have a cool, satisfying summer soup—garnish with fresh vegetable salsa for an extra burst of flavor.
More From Southern Living
- Calories: 139
- Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Sodium: 522mg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped purple onion
- 2 pounds zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups nonfat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Fresh Vegetable Salsa
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add purple onion, and sauté until tender. Add zucchini, and sauté 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in chopped green onions.
- Process sautéed vegetables, broth, and next 3 ingredients in batches in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Stir in salt and pepper. Cover and chill. Top each serving with 1/3 cup Fresh Vegetable Salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note